Monday, January 12, 2009

gumball anyone?

Our family has a talent show every year at our christmas party and after years of trying to sing and play an instrument I decided it was futile. My talent lay elsewhere.... the first year felt like a disaster I was going for peti fours (how ever you spell them) and ended up with mini cupcakes. They still ended up being a big hit and a tradition was born. Since then I have made eclairs, sugar cookie houses, peti fours (the right way) and even sucker characters (knid of like the gumballs below) This year was the year to do gumball creatures. The base they are on is homemade marshmallow covered in chocolate and I found the boxes at my favorite store of all time, Orson Gygi. I thought they really finished off the over all look.






4 comments:

Christina B. said...

These are so cool! We are lucky that you will share your talents with us! I think you should post these on facebook too. :)

Mrs. Breitling said...

These were so cute! I am glad you posted pics of them. Sadly, I left ours where Trevor could reach them :(
He really enjoyed eating them, I thought they were too cute to eat.

Me said...

Those are awesome!!! Wow--you impress me more and more every time I see pictures of what you make!

Mary P.

Deborah Raymond said...

AMAZING! Can I join your family at Christmas time?