Tuesday, January 1, 2013

SPOILERS (Man of Steel) READ AT OWN RISK :)


*** SPOILERS *** SPOILERS *** SPOILERS ***
I am dating this months before actual post so anyone reading my post about Man of Steel wont stumble on to it on accident.

(a) I liked that Lois Lane knows who Superman is. The way they meet is so different than what you know.

(b) The way Clark's father dies is different, I thought it was but had to ask my husband how/if he died in the 
  original story.  Clark moves from job to job always leaving after saving someone. I am not sure what he did in the other stories, if they even tell about how he decided to be a reporter. I found this to be interesting
 but also added to the disjointedness of the beginning.

(c) The fortress of solitude is not the same, in fact there really is not fortress, only a left over ship.  

(d) This really was the most frustrating part of the movie for me. After watching Kal-El and General Zod 
beat on each other, destroy Smallville and Metropolis for what felt like hours (maybe 30 min?) 
Superman suddenly is able to break Zod's neck! Would have been better to suck him into the black
 hole with everyone else and have it be done there.

(e)  A female soldier laughing as Superman flies away and is asked what is funny (or something like that) and
 her reply is "I just think he is really hot"

(f) Kal-El in handcuffs. (just think about it)

(g) when Kal-El  is fighting a machine in one of the space ships because he is trying to shut it down. The
 special effects are amazing, and after all the distruction it has caused you just want to cheer when
 Superman prevails and "kills" it.
   

No comments: