Thursday, April 28, 2011

man vs woman

I like to leave compliments for my servers when I go out to eat (when they deserve them of course) Usually we pay with debit cards so I leave it right on the receipt where the boss is bound to see them, but once in a while we pay cash, as we did the last time we went out to dinner so I have to leave the compliment on something else and then it is up to the server to show it to anyone. On this last occasion our server was a man and that got me thinking of this,


man:
looks at compliment. "cool." he thinks as he shoves the paper into his pocket. Maybe later when he empties his pockets at home he will see it again and the thought will be the same "cool" and into the trash it goes

Woman:
looks at compliment. "Aww, that is sooo nice" she says to herself. then she proceeds to show everyone she works with "look at what table 20 left for me!" eventually (depending on personality) showing it to the boss or strategically showing someone while said boss is near or even placing it somewhere boss will see it and ask about it.


I shared this observation with my husband and he shared this tidbit with me

He is an RN and they have a bulletin board where compliments are left by patients (if I remember the story correctly) and once in a while a nurse is named specifically


man:
others (women) say excitedly to him "have you seen the compliment you have on the board?" he answers "ya its cool"

woman:
says to others "have you seen the compliment someone left me on the board? Come see!"

this all makes us women seem like we are always needing to show off but really it comes down to sharing


Women do it almost excessively and men dont do it at all

1 comment:

Christina B. said...

That is a good observation! This was a fun post to read, thank you!