Thursday, April 14, 2011

I thought I could?

Here is the end result of the cake I made. It wasnt quite what I had pictured but my uncle loved it :)




Up close of some of the deails


I designed this cake for Uncle because he is a landscaper. He also has been one to be very interested in the process that I do my cakes and candies. No way could I just do a simple cake for him :)
Every thing is made by hand, the fish, flowers, tree, bird and swan are gumpaste. The waterfall is boiled sugar (sucker stuff). The rocks are fondant (painted with food coloring) and the grass and leaves on the tree are buttercream.


Here is something I never do... a pic of me, but you can just look at my adorable Uncle :)


2 comments:

Deborah Raymond said...

How did you do the water? And I see some airbrushing!

Linda said...

I poured the boiled sugar flat on some foil and as it cooled I shaped it. when I went to put it on the cake I had to use a torch to soften the candy so I could form it better to the cake. I had to break some off the bottom of the waterfall and again used the torch to melt it a little so it would meet the pond.