Saturday, June 15, 2013

Superman

links in ( ) are spoilers and will take you to a post with them,(the same post for all of them) click at your own risk]

Tonight I saw the new superman movie, at the Imax in 3D. I wanted to give my review of this movie.

First I really love the way movies look on the Imax screen and 3D technology is getting amazing, I find myself having to take off the glasses half way through the movie. Not because they are bothering me but to remind myself just how amazing the 3D looks. As I watch it I take for granted that it really isnt flat.

Now with that being said on to the movie. 
My suggestion to those who may read this before going is to set aside all you think you know about Clark Kent, Lois Lane, and others. Go into the movie with an open mind and I think you will enjoy it more.

I personally like a few of the changes (a) others I did not know about before (b) because I am not familiar with the comics and my previous experience with superman was the movies and TV shows, so while I noticed differences (c) I didn't mind them. In fact I cant think of one that I hated.

The begining felt a bit disjointed jumping from his past to present. cutting from what was being said to doing it suddenly. It is hard to explain and I think it bothered my husband more than me.

The movie was action packed, but I feel it was almost too action packed. The destruction in the last half hour became tiresome. I couldn't wait for it to end, but when it did I was so let down.(d) I just stared at the screen and thought, really? That,s it? Its over? Why didn't he do that sooner? 

Over all I really did enjoy Man of Steel, the best line of the movie comes near the end, (e) the best image in the movie was (f) and the best action scene was(g)

I will be happy to see sequels if they are made, they wont have to do as much background development which may make future movie(s) better. 

No comments: