Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A little fishy?

My brother-in-law's birthday was last week and we celebrated on Sunday with a birthday dinner. I decided to make him a fun cake. He likes fish and has a nice tank so I though this would be an appropriate cake for him.






He has had a run of bad luck in the past with fish dieing so the joke that night is that it would look more like his tank if some of the fish were upside down.

It was decorated all out of buttercream except the figures which were gumpaste pressed into a mold. The cake was chocolate and filled with raspberry.

I cant get used to the different look that buttercream gives so I have a hard time seeing this cake as well done cause it is not as fine a work as you get with fondant. I am going to keep practicing though.

1 comment:

Day by Day Design said...

My first post!! I can't believe you have had this thing and I never knew!! I guess I need to pay more attention to Facebook stuff!