Thursday, March 5, 2009

Got spring?

The last 2 days have been so nice the kids have played outside with no jacket and attempted to go shoeless.... being the good mom that i am I changed their minds about the shoe thing :) We had beautiful 60 degree weather and were all looking forward to spring. The kids even started begging for the trampoline to be put back up.
Oh how sweet and naive children can be. Of course because the weather was so nice that meant winter was a thing of the past, a dim memory, right? Well I woke up to the sound of breaking hearts and crushed enthusiasm this morning... oh and the added problem of a missing coat. This is what was waiting for the kids when they looked out the back door.



Thankfully we found the coat in the car (well where else would it be) and got the kids to school, even a little early! This was what met me first thing.




I am so not a morning person and this weather make me want to go straight back to bed even more than usual! I decided a good way to stay up would be to post this blog.
One last picture,



Before I get comments, Yes that is s TV, not mine but I guess someone thought I wouldn't notice if they put it in my driveway. The last 2 years we have had a large pile of junk there for the bins they drop off in March so maybe someone who knew this figured by now we would have covered it and tossed the TV with our own trash. oh well!
Now if spring would stop teasing my kids and me all would be grrrreat!

2 comments:

Christina B. said...

Yes, I admit I have been totally jealous of your 60 degree weather, but I promise I didn't send the snow to you! Sorry that it didn't stay warm. I can't tell you how happy a 60 degree day would make me right now. :)

Mrs. Breitling said...

Where did spring go? I am missing it too. I also enjoyed the weather and the short break I got while the kids played outside. I don't worry about shoes though, I am just glad when Trevor keeps his clothes on.