Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sister Smith

Megan, my friend who has been one to help me on all the cakes I have had the opportunity to make these last few years... well maybe more than a few... has just entered the MTC. She will be going to the Philippines for her mission after 2 months there. I wish her well and hope she has the best 18 months in here service.
Anyway, I wanted to do something special for her, so what better than what I do best... yes another cake. Sadly I decided this two days before it needed to be done and I was already making the basketball cake so I didn't have the time to put in to it I would have liked to.
This cake represents Megan in 3 ways;
1-As I have said, she was there for most of the cakes I have made in the last 6 or so years. Always letting me ask her opinion and then in the next breath answering for her :)
2-she likes chocolate cake, bet even more, she LOVES peanut butter! this cake was chocolate with a peanut buttercream frosting
3-We love to play scrabble (or any game really)





I didn't want to say good bye on the cake so I put "See you soon Megan" because in the time line of our lives 18 months really isn't that long :) (I will keep saying that....)

1 comment:

Christina B. said...

What a neat idea! I love the letters! I think that is a very cool cake. I'm also glad that you have such a good friend in Megan.