Thursday, February 5, 2009

new wave

There is a new (or maybe old one and it just got to me) wave of lists going around Facebook. I promise I wont post them all. :) I just have to say that I really enjoy reading the things that people decide to share in the world of Facebook. So far I have filled out three and I know of two or three more among my friends.
What an amazing thing this site is, we can find out how our friends are feeling and what they are doing all with out even talking to them! I am not complaining, I love that in one swoop I can tell 147 people that I had an awful day or that my kids are fighting, loving or just not home. I especially love that I can feel a little like I am shouting good news from the mountain top!
I think it is great that I can look at all the pics that my friends comment on. I couldn't see them otherwise (you have to be friends to see a profile which includes any pic you upload)
I enjoy that I have gotten closer to my sister, Christina. Facebook has been a big help, I know it sounds silly but I have felt more connected to her since we have been able to chat (usually on wall to wall) No awkward pauses for me... at least ones that she can hear :) only the occasional typo (and Freudian slip)
I have caught up with more friends since I last blogged about Facebook and also gotten sucked in to more apps/games. I havent figured out what it says about me that I get WAY excited when someone finally requests me as a friend.
This has gone on longer than planned and was going to just be about the lists... oh well, that is me. Any of my Facebook friends who take their important facebook time to come see my blog, thank you and feel free to keep the lists coming, I love learning more about all of you!

1 comment:

Me said...

I love Fb too. Probably too much too. I love reconnecting with friends I haven't seen in years--and now that I don't live near-by--it's so nice. It's a great thing (although yes, it is a time suck-er)--but what's better than sucking time?

Mary P.