Saturday, February 7, 2009

baby shower cake

I had the privilege this week of doing a cake for a baby shower (for a friend of a co-worker of Kevin's) I was told that the colors were going to be chocolate brown and sage with a polka dot theme. This is the design I came up with.



This is the final product.


Obviously a bit different than the notes in the margin but a good looking cake in the end.

I havent figured out why I make fondant different everytime but this was the most difficult to work with yet, but also the most tasty. In my opinion anyway.

I hope the mother to be was happy with it and thank you to Alexis for letting me ba a part of the day and geting to something fun that wasnt a wedding cake or a birthday cake.

This was my first shower cake but I will be doing another one this year for Kevin's sister, Heather, who is expecting her first this Aug.

2 comments:

Mrs. Breitling said...

That is a very cute cake. You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Fun cakes! My fiancee Rich Michell works with your husband at the U of U. We are getting married next month, and are in need of a cake- I was wondering if you would be interested/available...the date is March 21st. You can e-mail me at megbarker@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Megan