Tuesday, February 3, 2009

christina's 25

Christina's 25 random things
1. I am lucky to have a close extended family- when I was growing up we often spent holidays with my dad’s cousins and their families.
2. I also feel very fortunate that not only do I have the most wonderful grandparents, they are all still living.
3. I lived in a small town in Wyoming from ages 6-10 and thought it was great- especially catching horny toads and collecting rocks in our yard.
4. In elementary school I played the lead role in two musicals. I obviously grew in to my shyness!
5. I don’t have any children but I absolutely love being an aunt.
6. I like to take long drives just for fun or when I need to think.
7. I like to drive with the windows down in my car. I will do this even in the winter with the heater on.
8. When I am driving alone I always turn the music up in my car and sing along.
9. I love dancing even though I’m not necessarily good at it.
10. One of my nicknames is CBB- I don’t have a middle name but when I moved to MA the DMV mistakenly listed my name as Christina B. Breitling on my drivers license. So now this is the name I have to use on legal documents (until I go fix it..)
11. I love sunshine and am happy doing almost anything outdoors on a sunny day.
12. I love diet coke with LOTS of extra ice. I think McDonald’s diet coke somehow tastes the best.
13. One of my favorite simple pleasures is a hot bath and a good book.
14. When I was younger I went by Christy, until a teacher in middle school kept mixing my homework up with Christie Johnson. I made a great friend and started going by Christina.
15. My family still calls me Christy but if anyone else does it doesn’t sound right to me.
16. I started working in HR by chance- when I resigned from my awful job as a telemarketer when I was 19, they asked me if I would be their first HR employee instead.
17. When I first moved to MA I decided to take a spontaneous road trip to Vermont to see the foliage. I ended up spending the night in my car at a truck stop, after finding out you can’t find a hotel room at the last minute in Vermont in October.
18. One of my dreams is to travel all around the world- I love to visit new places.
19. I drive a Jeep Liberty named Phillipe- yep, Phillipe the Jeep!
20. My favorite song ever is “We Close Our Eyes” by Oingo Boingo. I am still a big fan of 80’s alternative music, like Depeche Mode, Erasure, Oingo Boingo and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
21. One of my favorite things is my iPod- it goes everywhere with me and I would feel lost without it.
22. I love water- the ocean, lakes, swimming pools, waterfalls, etc.
23. I am definitely a night owl. I love to stay up late and have a really hard time getting up early.
24. I have a lifelong love of reading. I secretly think it would be fun to be a librarian.
25. As a child I truly believed I would be an author someday, and I still think it would be a great accomplishment to write a book.

Just like Lisa's 25 I learned new things (I either didn't know or forgot) about Christina, Obviously #1 and #2, also #7... I have memories of riding in the car with her this way (do you still put your left foot on the dash board too?)

I could have guessed part of #24, but being a librarian... and #25, well, I would love to read a book by you. What a great story in #17!

I am so proud to call you my sister. You are the best big sister ever, even if you gave me a hard time when we were kids. :) I have always looked up to you and wanted to be cool in your eyes. I think you are one great aunt. You have lots of nieces and nephews who adore you. Thank you for your list and letting us get to know you better through it.

1 comment:

Christina B. said...

Thank you Linda! Your post is so nice, you brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad you are my sister and I think you are totally cool! :)

I'm surprised you remember my foot on the dashboard! That's funny. I can't do it in my Jeep unfortunately! Remember our long drive to St. George with no air conditioning but good music (Sting I think?)?

Thanks for putting up with me and being a great sister. I love you!