Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Andrea's 25

Andrea's 25 Random things
1. I love the people who tagged me for this and really enjoyed reading their lists.
2. My greatest joy is being a mom and I am really glad that I had boys because I like playing in the dirt and catching bugs.
3. I love P!nk the artist and pink the color.
4. I have fallen so much that when anything falls down the stairs at my house, everyone immediately asks if I am ok.
5. I met my husband when we were teenagers working at a fast food restaurant together (15 years ago).
6. My friend, Paula, has been my BFF since we were in middle school and we plan on being ornery old ladies complaining to each other about everything some day. For now, we just enjoy laughing at ourselves.
7. I really love the kids that I babysit, we have a lot of fun. Thinking about them makes me smile.
8. I have a bachelor's degree in accounting and am one semester away from a second bachelor's degree in consumer studies. I am thinking about starting over and doing something completely different.
9. I can't stand the smell of fish.
10. I had both hips totally replaced 2 years ago and now I can walk past my mailbox, yeah!
11. I am going to hike to Angel's Landing in Zion this year.
12. I talk to my mom at least once a day, my sister almost every day,and my dad a few times a week.
13. I am a daddy's girl. Yes, I still call him "Daddy."
14. One of my favorite places in the world is my patio swing where I can relax and watch my kids play.
15. If I could live on Diet Dr Pepper and chocolate, I would never eat anything else.
16. I love rain, especially when it is sunny and raining at the same time.
17. My parents gave me a new vacuum for Christmas and I love it. I vacuum every day, but my house is never clean.
18. I love that my husband sends me flowers "just because."
19. I am spoiled by my family, especially my husband and parents.
20. I love the internet and think it is a great way to stay in touch. I love to read blogs and chat on Facebook.
21. I am very protective of my friends and of all children. I feel very strongly that it is the responsibility of all adults to step in when a child is being abused/neglected.
22. I am not afraid of heights, just stairs. I hate going down stairs, especially when you can see under them (like bleachers).
23. I love to be in the mountains -hiking, camping, or just being there.
24. I have really great friends that have helped me through a lot of challenges. They let me be my crazy self, ranting and being nuts, and accept that it's just me being me.
25. I am grateful for every day that I get to live and for every mistake and challenge that have made me stronger.

I haven't known Andrea as long as my sisters. (obviously) This list was fun to read and learn more about her.
#4 made me laugh and cry at the same time. I have noticed a theme in a lot of the lists I have read and that is spending time on Facebook.
The things I knew about Andrea are #2 #5 part of #8 #10 #20 and #21. so to those who are counting that leaves 19 things I had the pleasure to learn about her. Some I could have guessed and others not so much.
Andrea, I think you are a good person who tries to be true to yourself and I am glad you and my brother are good together. I enjoy the times we get to chat and catch up even if it isn't often, as life has a way of getting in the way of... well, life. :) Thank you.

1 comment:

Mrs. Breitling said...

Thank you so much for your words. I hope that you know what an amazing person you are.

You made my day!

(and #4 makes me laugh too)