Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Crusts anyone?

Daily I am reminded of how my kids have spoiled me as a Mother. They slept through the night at an early age, Knighton and his patience with his brother and sisters, Jessica and her desire to help everyone, Elijah and not being a picky eater and Allyson and her overall calming spirit. To name a few.

I could apply all of these these things (and more) to each of my kids, but today I want to focus on the not picky eaters in my family. Both of the older kids have developed less easy to please palates and that's to be expected. As young children I never had a problem with food left on the table because it wasn't good. I watch or hear about my sister-in-law fight on a daily basis to have her kids eat something besides fruit and chocolate milk and I am thankful all over again.

So the thing that made me thankful today... crusts. I watch my niece (different than those previously mentioned) on the week days. About 90 percent of the time she brings a PB&J sandwich. She nibbles right to the edge of the crust and leaves the rest because she doesn't like crusts. In the process she becomes one sticky mess and I have a hard time figuring out what goes on inside her head. The crusts are so thin by the time she is done with them she has to have eaten some of it.

It really isnt a big deal, just one of my pet peeves. (I dont have all that many, haha) I just let her do what she wants with her bread and make sure at lunch that she knows if she wants more sandwich she needs to finish ALL of her first one. Would you know, if she wants more, there are no crusts on the table.

1 comment:

Christina B. said...

Thanks a lot, I'm totally craving a peanut butter sandwich now! With the crust!