Monday, November 17, 2008

What? (updated)

Its been a while since by last post, partially because I have gotten caught up in the happenings of life (without to many funny stories) and largely because I have been lazy. Typing has never come easy for me so I am anxiously waiting for the comp that can type for me as I talk.

This morning I woke up at 730 to get ready to take the kids to school and to the usual craziness. Ally was playing in the toilet with bright red hands and spots on her pants. Jessi had made punch for dinner and decided the best place for the packets was on the floor. Of course I didn't notice them the night before because, lets face it, I don't live in the ideal world where my house is perfect (or even half way there sometimes) Ally deciding that she could do and art project, opened three packets and proceeded to dye her pants, her hands and the toilet (water and all) red.

The kids were finally dressed and ready to go to the school for breakfast, but I couldn't leave yet... for many reasons.

First Jana hadn't gotten here yet, second I couldn't find my keys and third if the kids really wanted to eat at the school I needed my purse because they needed lunch money

The result... Jana showed up 5 min after I needed to leave, the kids went out to the car as soon as she came and I still couldn't find my purse and keys!!!

I did what any sane mother would do... I went out side and yelled at the kids to help me, not sit in the car (that is sane right) Of course they didn't misplace my purse and keys but they could help, right? As we came in I was telling them what I needed to find and Knighton said the keys were in the car. They just didn't mention they had them when they went out.

So two problems down one to go. I asked the kids to eat breakfast while I looked for my purse then promptly found it. we had 5 min to get to the school so they could have breakfast there, so we ran to the car and left.

As we got to the school I noticed that the crossing guard wasn't there. My first thought was, weird he is always here for the breakfast crowed. Then I noticed that the school was dark, now I thought, HUH?

Finally I saw the sign that said no school on the 17th

Ugh what a morning. All that to just bring the kids back home.

3 comments:

Christina B. said...

Sorry you had a crazy morning! I have the perfect answer for you- the kids walk to school from now on! We had to (uphill, both ways, in the snow!), so I say what was good for us is good for them! :)

Me said...

Ugh! What a bummer!

Lisa B Nell said...

What is with the school system these days? They have SO many days off! Bella just randomly has Thursday off.... If I didn't know my kids didn't have school they would end up at the bus stop for a VERY long time! lol Glad to see you are back in the blogging business! :)