Monday, October 20, 2008

cake 2

As you can see, I kept my promise to myself. At least on the second wedding cake I ever made. I learned a lot on this cake. Like how much my time should be worth.



This cake was for Kevin's cousin. Her parents were trying to keep the cost of her wedding low so I said I would do the cake. Those who know me wouldn't be surprised to know that I did it for cost. That didn't include the separator plates I needed to have. Back then I was still struggling with the cake coming out of the pans in one piece. The cake came together as perfect as one can though.

Over all the cake took about 10 hours. All the flowers are royal frosting They needed to be made a day or two in advance. (thankfully my mother in law is a patient woman because we were living with her at the time) and oh the ease of buttercream even if not completely smooth.



I got some fun experience and some new toys, pans stencils, separator plates and probably some tips and bags! I think I am most proud of this cake because it is all edible and only the second one I had done.

2 comments:

Me said...

Wow! I'm lucky if I can get the frosting to go on without tearing half the cake up!

:) Mary P.

Christina B. said...

That's so amazing! How in the world did you teach yourself how to do that?!? I'm glad you are sharing the pictures with us!