Monday, October 27, 2008

love and logic anyone?

Well today I had it with Knighton and Jessica and all their bickering. I decided to try something drastic I learned in my Love and Logic class.

I tied them together!!!

I took an old piece of tubing we had for air in the small fish tank and looped it through their belt loops and tied it together. Needless to say (then why say it ;)) they were not too happy with me.

They fought and argued but now I could look at it different, now instead of just annoying me they were also learning something valuable. How to work together and compromise.

It took a long time but they finally earned the right to be separated. This evening has been quite peaceful and it has been amazing to watch them cooperate even not stuck side by side.

The true test will come tomorrow. I will be sure to have the tube ready. Love and Logic says to hope your kids give you the chance to help them learn things when the "price tag" is small. It can be kind of funny too and we all know laughing at a tough situation can work wonders on dealing with the anger you may feel from the contention.

So here's to hoping they mess up again... and not!

1 comment:

Lisa B Nell said...

WE WANT PICTURES!!!! I will have to try that with my kids... haha