Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Elijah

Today is my son Elijah's birthday. I cant believe he came into my life 4 years ago already. Elijah is a little singer. He loves to sing anything he hears. He has been such a wonderful addition to our family.


He was born between 7 and 8 in the morning, although I went to the hospital the night before. The doctor on call didn't want to come in to the hospital that late so she/he just said call if she gets any further along. My water has a really hard time breaking on its own so I was miserable. My contractions were staying high so I had to get an epidural. The idiot anaesthesiologist took 20 min to put the darn thing in, and it came out before labor anyway. Just as Elijah was starting the journey into this world I found out my doctor was almost there. I was asked if I wanted to wait for her or push. Those who know me well will probably not be surprised to know I waited all the rest so "WHAT" and "WHY." My logic was she missed the last two births so third time is the charm, right?..... right? Anyway Doc. got there and Elijah exploded onto the world. My biggest baby at 8 lb 3 oz.
He grew like a weed the first year (31 lb at birthday #1) Earning him endearing names like "the linebacker"(almost everyone) "the bubble" (my sister Christina's boyfriend) and my favorite "chunky monkey" (me of course, he was born in the year of the monkey)
Having so much weight to carry around he didn't start walking till age 18 months. Of course he also wanted to be carried everywhere. when he started talking he gave Allyson two of her many nicknames, Iceson and Ah-ee, because he had a hard time saying Allyson and Ally.
Lately he has been learning sign watching Signing Time with Alex and Leah. He still loves Diego and Dora but has added Backyardigains to the list. I think I would be happy with just the Backyardigans though.
He has grown into his chubbiness but is still solid as a rock I love watching people try to pick him up. (no more bubble or chunky monkey but still the linebacker) I look forward to seeing the changes yet to come in the next year and sharing all the fun and joy he brings into our lives.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIJAH!!!

1 comment:

Lisa B Nell said...

Happy Happy Birthday Elijah!!! We love you! And we hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!!! :)