Friday, October 17, 2008

How many scarys do you count?

This morning I was awakened very early (okay 8:30 isn't too early, but the kids didn't have school and anything before 9 is early) by my neighbor who asked if Knighton would like to go to Frightmares at Lagoon With her and her kids, and that she would invite Jessica but she is to "chicken livered" for scary things. What a way to start a day...

Anyway I decided that I better do something fun with her since she wasn't invited. All day I had things come up and then she needed to go to sylvan. Finally after dinner I decided to teach Jessica the game of Rummikub. The strategy is lost on my 8 year old, but boy does Elijah at 4 think he gets it.

While playing I decided to find out if Jessica would like to go even if it is scary. She told me she would ask Knighton how he liked it. I then reminded her that he likes haunted houses and she didn't so he might not be the best person to ask. At that Elijah piped up saying "I love scary houses!" Of course my first thought is weather he had ever been in one. while looking through the cluttered files of my brain a voice penetrates and I hear "scary...., scary ho..., scary monkeys, scary crocodiles and scary... bananas!"

I think we watch too much Scooby Doo around here. I am sure that is where he knows about said scary houses... not to sure if the rest he saw or made up. On a show or in his imagination only Scooby Doo can be responsible for,
SCARY BANANAS!

No comments: