Saturday, October 25, 2008

cap and shirt

I want to move away from the wedding cakes for a moment. I was asked by someone in my neighborhood if I could make a graduation hat for her brother. this is what I came up with.

The top and tassel are made of Fondant but I didn't give it enough time to harden so I had to cut some cardboard to keep it the right shape. I got a fun extruder to make the strings on the tassel. It was supposed to be darker blue. Bingham High blue. I need an air brush bad, that would solve all the issues on color I have had over the years.

The graduate was also being made an Elder so they wanted a shirt and he was going to the U of U so it needed a red tie.

I had so much fun making this one. It is also made from fondant. If you look close you can see the tags and buttons. Of course it needed to have the U symbol on it.

1 comment:

Christina B. said...

The shirt cake looks so cool! Love the tie! :)